I had an awful experience with Bluehost and I would not recommend this company even to my worst enemies. Besides having countless problems with their hosting service, I was misled into buying upgrades that would fix one problem then cause another. The uptime got so bad that it reached 50% (according to an independent report) in the last couple of months.

Resorting to their trouble ticket system was a total waste of time. I was told by one of their reps that they have over 7,000 tickets in the ***! More recently, they suspended then de-activated my account arguing that I was “overusing” their resources (not sure how that’s possible with a 50% uptime). Once I disputed some credit card charges for poor service, they tried to blackmail me by blocking the transfer of my domain name to another registrar, and they said they would only unblock it if I paid the credit card dispute fees. I filed a complaint with ICANN but before ICANN took action, Bluehost came to their senses and released the transfer. They wanted me to pay over $100 if I wanted to stay with them. Really? LOL... I got another host and registrar - much better - for a fraction of the price. SO GLAD I no longer have to deal with this unscrupulous company!

Bottomline: I lost a good amount of revenue as a result of the downtime and the account suspension.

This reviewer shared experience about "downtime, unresolved errors, account suspension, loss of revenue" and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $1000. olisimoes is overall dissatisfied with Bluehost. The most disappointing about bluehost web hosting at Bluehost was downtime, account suspended and tried to block domain name transfer , but reviewer liked some of their staff were courteous. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Bluehost.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Hosting category for more informed decision or compare Bluehost to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Bluehost?

Comments