1.5
Privacy and Data Security
Usability

Update by user Apr 04

They'll tell you the lower cost versions are being phased out and that you cannot order them since the company is in the process of taking them off the site. Bait and switch.

Original review posted by user Apr 03

I have been a customer for 1 year. Within the past year, page load times have been up and down (fastest is a 9 sec and longest a 38 sec page upload speed).

Each time I call they have convinced me the issue is with my plan and have had me upgrade. Last week, the grand finale, I called again and was told I needed a dedicated server. Fine, I paid the additional money and they were to back up the site, transfer to a VPS server and we'd be off and running. Well, the site is now down, they did not back up the site prior to the upgrade which cost $700 (which they apologized for but leaves me with nothing).

They AGAIN screwed up the transfer of service and are blaming my site coding (which worked FINE on THEIR servers before the upgrade). Moreover, their agents know NOTHING and after repeated phone calls I am met with "we have no ETA on a fix." They will upsell you over and over and make promises galore.

Just keep in mind, they will NEVER follow through on what they promise and may cost you everything invested and more. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!!!

Review about: Bluehost Web Hosting.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

I didn't like: Fraud, Constant errors, Useless customer support or 24 hour claim.

Comments

What host did you move to? I have several dozen domains and 2 active income domains, not substantial but they make my house and car payment however I am banging my head on the wall with this company after being with them nine years.

Currently I am unable to access email online from the c-panel or direct links, bookmarks. I tried multiple devices from multiple locations and they basically said, "We can log it, there is nothing wrong" I would like to move everything to another host but I am also afraid of the unknown and what might go wrong during a migration, any advice?NI3I2@yahoo.com since I can't read Bluehost mail

WantingHornShark
to Michael7michael7 #1456735

I'm in the process of looking. The developer I worked with to create the original site had a backup he did (partial) from March 6.

So he's going to try and redevelop the entire site from that, and even then I will lose all of my accounting, sales and product uploads from the past month. He has a program he's offering for hosting but I too am tentative at this point.

At least I know he knows how to fix the site, even if its going to cost me. BLUE HOST IS LITERALLY THE WORST COMPANY EVER.